We all know that good, wholesome nutrition is crucial to leading a healthy lifestyle. At Siegfried, we strongly support our employee’s emotional, spiritual, and of course, physical health, through our focus on “Live Well Be Well.”
Combined with physical activity, your diet can help you reach and maintain a healthy weight, reduce your risk of chronic diseases (like heart disease and cancer), and promote your overall well-being.
A simple way to get on track with healthy eating? Adding smoothies to your diet!
So, here are seven reasons why you should pull out the blender and start drinking smoothies:
- Loaded with nutrients: The ingredients in smoothies are raw and retain the nutrients that are typically destroyed by cooking. Smoothies are loaded with vitamins, minerals, fiber, antioxidants, essential oils, anti-inflammatory substances, phytonutrients, and so much more goodness!
- Weight loss: The high water content, leafy greens, and high fiber content will help you stay full longer and reduce your food cravings, which makes it easier to lose weight.
- Detoxification: We’re constantly exposed to toxins in our air, water, skin care, and food. Detoxing should be a part of everyone’s health regimen. Without detoxing, toxic waste builds up in the body. The fiber in smoothies can help cleanse your body, digestive system, and get rid of those toxins.
- Shine bright like a diamond: With fewer toxins to deal with, our cells are properly utilizing the nutrients in our food, and you can see the difference in your skin. Fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots, and acne can start to fade as your inner glow comes through!
- Easily digested by your body: Eating the right amount of fruits and vegetables doesn’t guarantee that you’re getting all the nutrients you need. Since smoothies are far easier for the body to metabolize, your body is better equipped to absorb all the nutrients from the fruits and vegetables.
- Tastes good: There are so many recipes that you can use to make a smoothie. Do you like chocolate covered strawberries? Try it in a smoothie. How about Reese’s peanut butter cup? You can make a smoothie with a similar taste. You can make a smoothie to appeal to anyone’s taste buds. Get creative and have fun with it because it’s a tasty way to give your body what it needs.
- Easy to make: Smoothies are quick and easy to make when you have the right ingredients prepped. To make this process efficient, try buying frozen fruits, bananas, superfood supplements, and pre-washed organic vegetables.